Monday, July 10, 2006

my history, my story

Listening to: Goo Goo Dolls' Iris

After two weeks of non-stop marking, I've finally found time to blog again.
And just as I was wondering what to blog about, Alyssa came to the rescue with her question on the tagboard. So let's see how I'm going to answer this. What was my dream course and job?

Well, as a young child, I dreamt of being a lawyer. The only reason I can remember is because it seemed like a cool job to have. And it involved talking, just my kind of thing. But as I entered secondary school, I soon realised that it wasn't easy being a lawyer. I began to understood how difficult the job could be - esp when dealing with morals. For example, would I defend a person whom I believed was guilty? If I were to agree, would I be able to do a good job? And of course, someone told me that not all lawyers get to work in court. Okay, cool factor cooled off.

In JC, I told myself that getting into Communications Studies would be my dream course. Why? Because I wanted to be a journalist. Then I couldn't get in. Ha :) I wasn't brilliant in Chemistry and a lot of other stuff. So oh well, I entered Arts and Soci in NUS.

Even though FASS wasn't my first choice. I think I had consciously made sure that I was going to enjoy myself in university and still work hard, in order to make up for the lack of As at the A levels. I did work hard at uni and did better than i had ever expected :)

In the end, I still manage my first dream job: a journalist. Actually, at the time of graduation, I toyed with the idea of teaching. But decided that my youth was probably better spent at journalism, cos it seemed a tougher vocation. And today, i'm a teacher.

Sure hope I didn't bore you fellas.
You are at a crossroads that I was at (many) years before.
From this moment on, make sure you will walk on a road that will not leave you any regrets. I wouldn't be able to promise a smooth journey, but if you don't even try, then remember: You'll only be a failure if you choose to give up.

trust me to nag even when telling you my history.

1 Comments:

At 9:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss Chiew I missed your GP classes, I must say. And on another note, thanks for bearing my crap in JC. It wouldnt' have been the same without you then [=

Hope all is well. You're an inspiration by the way [=

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home